Office for Nursing Research
Funds are available through School of Nursing donor and gift sources to support professional faculty travel. While applications are accepted on a rolling basis, priority is given to applications received within two weeks of the call for applications.
Travel Funding Program Process
- Full-time faculty, tenured or in tenure line, without tenure and research professor positions at the Seattle Campus
- Aligns with SoN research priorities and the scholarship of the individual faculty
- Includes research/scholarship presentations or conference participation representing UW SoN to a professional organization (e.g. representation of a panel or task force)
Additional Terms and Priorities
- Faculty receiving travel awards will work with SoN Advancement, Marketing and Communication and/or Academic Affairs to include at least one outreach activity beyond conference research presentation/participation. Examples: meeting with stakeholders (e.g., foundations, elected officials, federal funding agencies), faculty or student recruitment activities, or promoting the SoN in other ways.
- Faculty awarded travel support are asked to work with SoN Marketing and Communication in regard to using current UW templates and branding.
- Preference will be given to faculty without other sources for travel (e.g, endowed professorship or other independent source(s)).
Submission are due on January 10 and June 10 of each academic year.
Up to $1500.00 may be requested per academic year per faculty.
- Complete the SoN Request to Travel Form (RTF)
- Submit RTF to the Department Assistant to the Chair for approval
- Fill out a Travel Support Request via REDCap
Note the following items are required before you can submit your request:
- RTF signed by you and your Department Chair (to be uploaded in REDCap)
- Identification of alignment with SoN research priorities
- How the travel facilitates research/scholarship
- Anticipated benefits
- Plan to share information at department or school level on return
- Request reviewed by the Associate Dean for Research (ADR), and Vice Chairs for Research and Education (VCR, VCE) from the requesting department.
- ADR, VCE, VCR make a recommendation to the Department Chair.
- Chair reviews for final approval decision.
- ADR informs faculty of decision.
- Submit RTF with Chair signature to F&A at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect with Advancement/MarCom/Academic Affairs to set up outreach activity while attending the conference.
- F&A works with faculty to processes travel reimbursement.
- Meets eligibility for support
- Travel is aligned with and contributes to the SoN mission, strategic plan and/or research priorities/pillars
- Scholarship or SoN benefits are clear
- Travel includes presentation of scholarly work or active participation in the conference/meeting that benefits and/or increases visibility of UW SoN (i.e. participating in an expert panel, leading roundtable discussion)
- Includes plan for dissemination of information or other learnings gained at the conference to the SoN community