NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Science Research
The purpose of this session is to honor the work that has been done toward health equity and to move beyond reproductive health and rights to reproductive justice. Participants will vision about the blueprint for reproductive justice and focus attention on what we should be working toward.
1. Describe the retrofit, reform, and reimagine framework.
2. Articulate concepts in the blueprint for reproductive justice.
3. Name areas in existing programming that can modified using above knowledge.
Several of the following principles will be highlighted as part of the discussion in addition to actionable strategies to build a strong and sustainable foundation for the future.
Principle 1: Ensure that Sexual and Reproductive Health Care is Accessible to All People
• Promote Comprehensive Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Services Domestically
• Use United States Leadership to Advance Sexual and Reproductive Health Globally
• Protect and Expand Access to Abortion Care Domestically and Globally
• Improve and Expand Access to Pregnancy Care
• Ensure Access to Qualified Providers
Principle 2: Ensure Discriminatory Barriers in Health Care are Eliminated
• Guarantee Access to Health Care Services and Coverage for All People
• Ensure Patients are Not Refused Health Care
• End Barriers to Care for Young People
• End Discriminatory Treatment of Immigrants
• Ensure Access to Care for People in Detention Settings
Principle 3: Ensure that Research and Innovation Advance Sexual and Reproductive
• Health, Rights, and Justice Now and in the Future Invest in Health System Innovation that Promotes Sexual and Reproductive Health
• Invest in Research & Development that Promotes Sexual and Reproductive Health
Principle 4: Ensure Health, Rights, Justice, and Wellness for All Communities
Principle 5: Ensure Judges and Executive Officials Advance Sexual and Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice
Click here to register https://scgcorp.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QOUx9BjdTGSFnc6Z9A-eEQ